Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pure Exhaustion

So I'm getting pretty bad about updating this thing, but a whole new level of exhaustion, more than anything I have ever felt in my life, is kicking in.  Storm chasing literally drains you emotionally, physically, and mentally.  I was actually dozing off during a chase today!  And if you know me at all, you know that it is virtually impossible for me to sleep while another person is driving because I'm such a control freak...let alone while there are severe thunderstorms all around!  I also haven't been very motivated to post because well we are busting big time still out here.  North Dakota was a fun trip but we didn't get anything out of it besides a very 'brief' touchdown and the next day we were off to Nebraska.  We almost got a tornado out of Nebraska but again the dynamics just weren't there.  It hasn't been nearly warm enough or moist either for that matter.  Today there was a moderate risk out for Wisconsin/Minnesota and we were considering a play up there but it would put us too far out of position for tomorrow.  So we stuck with the tail end of the boundary and played western Missouri.  Turned out to not be so bad surprisingly enough.  The cap was super strong but it did break and we got some great convection.  Again though, beautiful storms with no tornadoes.  However, this weekend we are really hoping things turn around!  Could have a pretty substantial outbreak Sunday and Monday...I will try my best to post pictures tomorrow!  But for now..SLEEP!

No comments:

Post a Comment